Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Alycia D. Nipp

Alycia D Nipp

Over the last weekend a young woman - Alycia Nipp - in our neighborhood was attacked and killed in a senseless and random act of violence.  She was thirteen, bright, talented and so full of life.

I will not waste words on her killer, this is not about him other than to say he has been caught.

Alycia, was a student at Thomas Jefferson Middle School, and had in the previous year been in a dance class with my own thirteen year old daughter.  So this was someone that my family knew, and liked very much.  My daughter still has not stopped crying, and my family, our community finds itself struggling to understand this, this tragedy.

Our hearts go out to the family , as well as our prayers.  May you rest in peace Alycia.

No comments: